Apr 28, 2007

Things I learned this weekend...




Before I get started, HUGE props and gold stars to Sam for giving me something to do this weekend. My cat can only be so entertaining...after a while he starts to blend in with the background. Judging debate at the "Tournament of Champs" this weekend was a fairly enlightening experience, and here is what I've learned:

1)Going to a tournament so small that "everyone wins" does NOT a champion make.

2)The HOV lane is our best friend.

3)In case there was any doubt, Dave Kosloski is THE snazziest dresser (and smartest bargain shopper) I have ever met. He and Sam are tied...although Sam's shirts have much more personality!

4)(During a debate round) Apparently making sure our boys know how to play football is a better way to spend money than making sure they don't get an STD so bad they CAN'T play football. GO TEAM GO!

5)Mini-skirt power suits are still "in".

6)(During a round) Parents don't need to be trained in how to give "the talk", they know how to give their kids proper sex education (um...).

7)Diamonds are NOT a girls best friend...cheap pieces of glass from Claire's ARE!

8)It's good to sit at the muffin table.

Can't think of any other gems learned here. Had a good time!

Sam, anything to add?

1 comments:

magic, and with love from Sam, said...

Judging impromptu - I used to like it. Until this tournament.