Mar 6, 2007

TORO! TORO! (subtitle: how to get your cat in a carrier for the vet's office)

Yeah, Hercules had to go to the vet today. He's already been neutered so thankfully didn't have to go through THAT mess. However, when a cat has worms, letting it go away on its own is NOT an option. So onward to the vet we went. I don't have a pet carrier, so I got to buy a cardboard one from the vet for $6.50. My cat had the sharpest claws imaginable, so my biggest concern was getting to the vet with nothing but a shredded carrier. Thankfully that didn't happen, but getting Hercules, nay ANY cat, into the carrier is a task that I wouldn't wish on the most annoying person in the world. In my mind I placed Hercules easily and effortlessly into his box. No fuss, no struggle, no injury. Reality, however, is much harsher. He almost went in without a fight until he realized there was a lid being closed on him, then he fought tooth and nail (quite literally) to get out several times. I literally had to corner him and grab him by the scruff of the neck and closed the box all in one swift movement. Where is my gold star? Once in the box he meowed a few times but he travels well nonetheless.

I almost wish the story got more exciting from here, but it doesn't. Hercules is a surprisingly well behaved cat at the vet (where he was given wormer AND a mani/pedi). To anyone with pets I highly recommend Companion Pet Clinic. They're inexpensive and friendly.

Yeah, I didn't think the whole experience was exciting, either.

0 comments: