Mar 29, 2007

Some real gems today...

My boss is scratching his head wondering why production is so low this week. I think I have an idea...

"Hi is Mr. Smith there?"
"No he's not who's this"
"My name's Dani ...
"Oh, I'm not interested...CLICK!"

"Hi is Emily there?"
"Take me off your list!" *click*

"Hi is Jerry there?"
"Who's this?"
"Danielle from WM, I'm calling to offer a free mortgage quote."
"Honey, I'm a mortgage officer, I refinanced my own house, why the hell would I talk to you." *click*

"Hi is John there?"
"No who's this?"
"DFWM"
"I want you to take me off your list..."
"I can do that..."
"...and let me tell you why I want you to take me off the list..."
*click* before she goes on her rant...

The best part is my boss gives us these numbers to call. Even the very best salespeople are getting taken aside and talked to for low leads. As frustrated as I get I HAVE to laugh at these people (the customers and the boss).

Oh, and the lady behind me is told me convinced that the #1 reason why young people can't read is because people like me waste my time getting a degree in psychology. I'd love to go on a correlational rant on her...but she'd probably eat my unborn children.

On a completely unrelated note, my cat is convinced that electric cords are tasty treats. He attacks my laptop battery pack, I've caught him chewing on the TV cord, he mauled my straightener's cord as well as lunged for some harmless twinkle lights. Forgetting that cats are good climbers I carelessly put my earphones on the HIGHEST shelf in my room. I came home from work to find that my left ear bud not only produces no sound, but that the screen behind the ear cushion was eaten but the cushion was still there...thanks Hercules!

Laughter is great medicine...really!

1 comments:

magic, and with love from Sam, said...

Here's a phone call I received the other day:

ME: Hello.
GUY: Hi, is this Sam?
ME: Yes.
GUY. Hi, this is (insert name here) from the Volunteer Firefighters' Fund, and I'm wondering: Do you, Sam, think firefighters perform dangerous work?
ME: Yes. Please take me off your list. (click)