Oct 18, 2009

Now that more interesting things are happening in my life...

I can blog more! Man, talk about stuff happening since the last time I wrote in here. I think I better outline just to save my fingers from cramping up:

*No longer work at McDonalds. Worked a stint as a housekeeper for a while before getting laid off. Now have a job at the hospital as a deliverer of food to the patients.

*Tyrell and I are getting married in about a year! We have the rings almost all paid for and just need to get the place reserved and my dress bought. Shopping...yay.

*Moved from our two bedroom apartment (which didn't allow dogs...and we adopted a pug...), to a one bedroom (had to find a dog friendly place quickly and they accepted...quickly), to a two bedroom HOUSE with a small yard and one car garage for Tyrell. Yes, it belongs to Tyrell. Since he has ceded to letting me decorate the ENTIRE house, he gets the garage and the yard. I think that's fair.

*Tabatha had her baby! It's a boy! His name is Logan. He was born 8lbs9oz, was 20 3/4 inches long, and as far as we can tell has grayish/hazel eyes. He has a full head of hair and an equal amount of his parents best features. He's a healthy, good looking boy!

*Fauna has fleas. Again. The management team didn't bug bomb the house when they cleaned and turned it over. The last tenants had a dog. This doesn't make much sense to me. So when we get all moved in and settled we find out the next day that the reason why Fauna's fur looks like it's bleeding is because she has fleas. Lots. She's itching so much that she's drawing blood. I called the maintenance guys and they gave me bombs. Since we "blew" all our money on moving and deposits, we have no money left over for flea meds for Fauna till Weds. Anyone who has treated fleas before knows that bombs are useless when there are still fleas on the dog. More to come after the battle.

*On a lighter note, we LOVE our new house anyway! We've turned the second bedroom into a the guest room/my computer room. Now just need a queen bed to put in there. Anyone downsizing or buying a new bed?

*Fauna doesn't know what to do with the extra space the house provides. Thank god she's not deaf...the sound of our voices is probably the only reason why she doesn't get lost. Though watching her turn sharp corners when she knows she's gone the wrong way is VERY hilarious. It's even funnier watching her run face first into walls. Thank goodness her face is already flat...

*Our neighbors are awesome. They bbq...regularly. 'Nuff said.

That's about all I can think of! I'll post pictures when everything is unpacked and the fleas have been conquered.

0 comments: