Feb 12, 2008

Things I've learned while serving the public...

The following is a list of things I've learned while serving the (mostly drunk and stoned) public:

*I consider it a wonderful service we provide as offerers of food that help sober up the party nation. I have been there myself on more than one occasion, and know first hand that a few greasy burgers and fries make you feel a lot better in about an hour or so. While some drunken behavior is funny, cussing out your food server, and throwing food at her for not giving you enough ketchup, is not smart. The rumors about spitting in food are not JUST rumors. Just sayin'...

*On the subject of copious amounts of sauce, please take this into consideration. People have actually lost their jobs for giving out volumes of dipping sauce. Our owner actually sends us memos listing how much money is spent on all those Sweet and Sours and BBQ's everyone loves so much. Calling me a bitch is not going to get me to give you more sauce...or like you more.

*Remember the adage "To err is human..."? You don't? Let me 'splain. Humans make mistakes. Period. Combine that with the concept of fast food (key word FAST) and there's more chances to screw up than you think. That being said, if we forget an order of fries or a burger, we are genuinely sorry, and are happy to give you the food you're ACTUALLY missing. That doesn't mean you get to pick five more items on the menu because you think we OWE you for our screw up.

*I am not psychic. When you tell me you want a soda...tell me which one. Don't tell me to 'surprise you', either. I'll give you something you probably won't like, and whose fault will it be? Come on, you can tell me...

*On that note, if you truly can't decide what you want to eat, don't tell me to surprise you or recommend something. I will recommend a salad. Have you seen Super Size Me?

*There's a reason why it takes so long to make the 20 double cheeseburgers you ordered...you ordered 20!!! I admit I'm not the most patient person in the world, but I AM rational.

*Another thing. When we say we're serving breakfast, that's not an opportunity for you to ask, "well, can't you make me a cheeseburger anyway?" If you want breakfast when we're servng lunch, or lunch when we're serving breakfast, you can either come back later, or go to Jack in the Box. Or Shari's.

*We CANNOT give out left over food!!! I cannot give you free food because you're cute, drunk, stoned, or because I'm in a good mood (which I never am when I'm at work...). I can actually get fired for giving out food, even if it's expired. We have to count all of our waste at the end of every shift, and if it's obnoxiously low because we give it out, we get questioned. Anyone who gives out free food to you is breaking a rule, and is probably going to get fired shortly.

*Last, and most certainly not least, adhere to the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would like done to you. I don't like having food thrown at me...I think you can finish the rest of that thought.

These are just a few things I experience, and these are only Drive-Thru! A McDonalds employee in Lousiana actually made up McRules for customers to follow. I've pasted the link below. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll gain a better understanding of our life of servitude. Enjoy!

http://www.foodfacts.info/extras/mcrules-original-post.shtml

0 comments: