Jul 17, 2007

Finally...the wedding!

So the wedding went very well. I arrived on Monday afternoon, met the relatives, reconnected with my friend's mom, and ate a LOT of food. My friend's mother, Mrs. G, is a lot like my second mother, so when I arrived she gave me this huge hug and said, "Thank GOD you're here!" Apparently, as most wedding planning goes the day before the wedding itself, a couple things fell through and we had to scurry about to fix them. Mostly flowers and such, but that got taken care of right away with a trip to Safeway. Once the flowers were all done and all house guests were accounted for, we could finally chow down on some clam chowda and beer.

At this point the future Mr and Mrs. arrive and join in the festivities. Somehow tequila entered the mix, and pretty soon a group of us were running down to the beach with fireworks and beers in tow. The pictures from this are hilarious.

Once we got back to the cabin, Mrs. G reminds me that, even in my drunkenness, I still have to make lasagna for the wedding. With a little help from the groom I managed to whip up a damn tasty lasagna that my friend told me she was going to take with her to the honeymoon suite!

The wedding itself was beautiful. I have a photo album posted at the bottom for you all to view the wedding hijinks. There was a small throw down between groom and mother of the groom before the ceremony, but after the groom defended the bride's honor, we were set to marry a couple of young and beautiful people.

After the ceremony it was time to commence in eating. True to her country girl roots, my friend had buckets of KFC chicken, potato salad, my lasagna, beer, champagne, and other potluck items at the reception. All weddings should be catered like this!!!

After lunch we all headed back to he cabin to partake in more partying. After copious amounts of food and beverage later, we change out of our wedding clothes and set out to jump in the Pacific Ocean! Granted the ocean is never more than 50 degrees even on a really hot day, but does that really matter to a group of people who just spent five hours in formal wear on a 90 degree day? HELL NO!!! After the dip I was damn pooped. So a few more pieces of chicken and a couple beers later, my ride and I decide to head back home.

I haven't heard from my friend yet, but I do know that she saw her husband off to Iraq for a year...two days after their wedding. It's very sad to think that, now that she's found the perfect man for her, he has to go to war for a year RIGHT after they get married. I have a feeling I'll be heading down to her place again soon to do some major comforting...alcohol may be involved here.

All in all, in spite of the deployment, the wedding was beautiful, and once her husband gets back, they will have a gloriously happy marriage. After all my friend has been through in the past she deserves this. True happiness.

Tab's Wedding

1 comments:

magic, and with love from Sam, said...

I'm sure that your experience as a conference worker is what prepared you to solve any sort of planning crises.

Sounds too fun!