Sep 10, 2007

WE'VE BEEN ROBBED...LITERALLY!

Just a quick update. I know I haven't been around for about a week. I was off helping a friend out of town. I am now back, but unfortunatley, now much harder to get a hold of. Read below.

Yes, our stuff was stolen. I left my suitcase in the back of my friend's truck, and his truck was stolen while parked in front of my house! We were too tired to unpack the vehicle that night so we left it for the next morning, and when we went to get it the vehicle was gone. After the towing company confirmed they didn't tow it, we had to report it stolen to the police. We both lost the clothes we packed, our laptops, and various other items. Phone calls have been made to the proper authorities and we're still waiting for information to come in from other places.

In other news, an on a lighter note, I have a fantastic job now! I am the assistant speech and debate coach for Pacific! Since I want to someday coach my own team this is a great opportunity and fabulous resume item. It will be awesome being employed somewhere I actually ENJOY working at! I still need to get a second job for extra cash (especially in light of certain events), but having an awesome job now will make up for whatever menial work I'll have to do elsewhere. WOOT!

After people found out what happened to my friend and I, everyone has been super awesome to us, and some friends of mine have even helped replace a few key items (like my basic toiletries. Yay for not being smelly in the face of adversity!), and they even offered to help out wherever they might be needed. Thanks to all who have been supportive!

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Oh my gosh! Honey! I want to be there to hug you and drink wine with you, and help you kick whoever did this! But I'll be there in a couple of weeks for your birthday bash!

magic, and with love from Sam, said...

People who steal computers = satan = a certain oompa "boss" I used to have.

They're the douchebaggiest creatures in the universe.

T-Mac said...

Congrats on the job, it's really great! :-)